Tuition Tax Credit Help for Students

(For Canadian students only) - My accountant tells me that I require a T2202A Form for my Income Tax return. Can the college supply me with one?

The college do not issue T2202A forms but instead an Education Tax Certificate is issued with your course receipt, showing the amount eligible to claim and the date of the certificate.

Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has stated on their website that:

"Form T2202A or an official income tax receipt is the appropriate certificate for tuition fees paid to any of the educational institutions in Canada..." "In cases in which an educational institution that is certified by the Minister of ESD as described in subparagraph 118.5(1)(a)(ii) does not use form T2202A, the institution should provide the student with a letter of certification substantially in the following form..." (see website for wording of the form)

The courses are registered as part-time studies for 12 months.